Monday, April 8, 2013

Fire of Life

I watch the flames turn,
blue, orange, yellow red.....

I see each segment of life in there, burning hot.

Every intake of air breezing around this life
initiates change.

In a Hushed crackle it burns, Time Passes.......
quietly, slowly soaking up every flame,
burning up.... unnoticed until the Ash particals fall.

Silently every ember of life changes
cloaked by a worldly shield of armor
 called Life.

4/8/2013  SJB


Life goes on and on and on. We don't slow down, and as we use up or burn up this life we are given, we don't see it growing older as it is wearing a cloak so we won't notice.  But as I sat by the campfire I noticed how so very much the burning wood was like life, and how things change in an instant.  Ageing, and getting smaller and smaller as it burns.
 I will be 50 in July, and It is bothering this girl some. I'm feeling older as it approaches.  I know it will be like anyother day really.  I enjoyed turning 40, so I'm sure I'll enjoy 50.  Somehow, someway.  I really didn't think it would bother or effect me, but wow.  Realizing that my body is wearing out, I'm tired.  Ive done it to myself, truly, but not intentional.  Knowing that things won't get easier, even though that is what is claimed in our world...... I will continue to bear with it, staying Positive, Being Proactive, and Productive.  Its not feeling like its going to be easy today. Maybe tomorrow.
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment